Hot Doug's Encased Meats Emporium and Sausage Superstore on the Northwest Side, which received its ticket just last week: "Even after the ordinance took effect in August, Sohn continued serving it occasionally, and about 6 a.m. Friday, he posted the day's specials on his restaurant's Web site, including "Foie Gras and Sauternes Duck Sausage with Truffle Sauce Moutarde and Armagnac-Truffle Chicken Mousse" for $6.50. A representative of the Health Department showed up at the restaurant, 3324 N. California, before he even opened his doors at 10:30 a.m., Sohn said. "I was impressed. I'd like to see them react that quickly to anything in the city," Sohn said."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk