Hot Doug's Encased Meats Emporium and Sausage Superstore on the Northwest Side, which received its ticket just last week: "Even after the ordinance took effect in August, Sohn continued serving it occasionally, and about 6 a.m. Friday, he posted the day's specials on his restaurant's Web site, including "Foie Gras and Sauternes Duck Sausage with Truffle Sauce Moutarde and Armagnac-Truffle Chicken Mousse" for $6.50. A representative of the Health Department showed up at the restaurant, 3324 N. California, before he even opened his doors at 10:30 a.m., Sohn said. "I was impressed. I'd like to see them react that quickly to anything in the city," Sohn said."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Transform Your Leftover Turkey Into Crispy, Juicy Carnitas
- Leftovers Are the Best Part: 20 Recipes for the Day After Thanksgiving
- Ghosts of Thanksgivings Past: Our Highest Highs and Lowest Lows
- The Food Lab: Here's What I'm Eating on Thanksgiving
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese