Don't swing by Hot Doug's, the institutional Chicago hot dog joint, between April 27 and 30. They are protesting the 20th anniversary of the mandatory seatbelt law in Italy, according to their website. They will reopen on May 1.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 7 Great Uses for a Fine-Mesh Strainer (Besides Straining)
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home