There are few foods that rival the versatility of the biscuit. You can douse them in thick sausage gravy or break them open (preferably while still warm) and slather them with butter. You can turn them into a sandwich, gild them with jam, or eat them as a side dish with fried chicken.
It was a fantastic strawberry shortcake biscuit at a pop-up dinner at Bang Bang Pie Shop that sparked the idea for this post, and took us on a search for noteworthy biscuits across the city. However you prefer your biscuit, you'll find a version on restaurant menus. Here are some of favorite examples in Chicago. Click here to view all of them in the slideshow, or visit them individually below.
- Biscuit with Butter and Jam at Bang Bang Pie Shop
- Traditional Farmstead Biscuits at Big Jones
- Biscuits and Gravy at Handlebar
- Biscuit De Jambon at Toni Patisserie
- Biscuit and Egg Sandwich at Old Town Social
- Cheddar and Bacon Biscuits at Three Aces
- Trucker Bowl at Flying Saucer
- Egg and Cheeser at Sweet Maple Cafe
- Biscuit + Gravy + Egg at G.E.B.
- Biscuits at Ruby's Restaurant
View Biscuits We Love in Chicago in a larger map