Love him or hate him, there's no denying Ronald Reagan did at least one honorable thing for this country: in 1984 he declared July National Ice Cream Month. I did some highly scientific research in order to help you celebrate this, the most patriotic of all months, the American way—with a boozy, ice creamy toast. From spiked milkshakes to Jameson soft serve, here are a few of my favorite ways to simultaneously cool down and get the party started.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops