It's still August, which means it's still National Sandwich Month, and today we're looking at our favorite egg sandwiches in Chicago. Being the quotidian and ubiquitous ingredient that it is, an egg is generally nothing to get excited about. And yet, two pieces of bread always seem to change the game. An egg sandwich in the morning never fails to hit the spot, and if you choose one of these, you'll hit that spot hard.
Flip through the slideshow, or go straight to the links below to find your best breakfast. Did we miss your favorite egg sandwich? Let us know, so we can go check it out.
- Biscuit and Egg Sandwich at Old Town Social
- Open-Face Breakfast Torta from Xoco
- Morning Sandwich at Grandma J's Local Kitchen
- Egg & Chorizo Torta from Tortas Frontera in O'Hare International Airport
- Eggy's Breakfast Sandwich at Eggy's Diner
- Egg Sandwich from Jam
- Commuter Special on a Croissant from The Goddess and Grocer
- Croque Vert at Birchwood Kitchen
- Egg, Pepper, and Tomato Sandwich at Johnny's Grill
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Bagel Sandwich at Bridgeport Coffee Company
- Healthy Start At Meli Cafe