Staff Picks: Best Sandwich in Chicago
If there is one thing that the A Sandwich a Day column has taught us, it's that there are a lot of great sandwiches in Chicago. If you're interested, you could easily eat a new one every day and still never exhaust all the possibilities. But every once in a while you come across a sandwich that so grabs your attention that you wonder whether you'd ever want to eat anything else. We asked all of our contributors to pick out their favorite sandwich in Chicago, and the picks are as diverse as you'd expect, from gut-busting behemoths to nicely proportioned ones. Check them all out, or take a look at each individually below.
- Fried Bologna Sandwich at Au Cheval
- Meatball Bánh Mì at Ba Le
- Ham and Raclette Panino at Lula Cafe
- Prosciutto at J.P. Graziano Grocery Co.
- Three Little Piggy Sandwich at The Silver Palm
- Milanesa Cemita at Cemitas Puebla
- Atomica Cemita at Cemitas Puebla
- Special Bánh Mì at Nhu Lan
- Short Rib Sandwich at Hummingbird Kitchen
- Sara's Secret on Whole Wheat Bialy at Chicago Bagel Authority