Slideshow8 Pumpkin Dishes We Love in Chicago
As a kid, I thought pumpkins were strictly around for me to carve. And when their decorative purposes started to fade (or decay), the only due course was to smash them to bits. Pumpkin pie seemed like the only exception. But while they still make excellent canvasses for those skilled in the wielding of large knives, I now can't imagine fall without eating the sweet autumnal-colored vegetable as much as possible. Chicago restaurants obviously agree.
Pumpkin is popping up on menus all over the city. What's most interesting is seeing it used in so many different ways. From pasta to tamales, cocktails to cupcakes, pumpkin's sweet roasted flavor is everywhere. Oh, and you better believe there is pumpkin pie.
Check out some of our favorite pumpkin dishes in Chicago by clicking on the slideshow. All of the picks can also be accessed below.
- Slice of Pumpkin Pie at Bang Bang Pie Shop ($5)
- Tamale at Mana Food Bar ($4)
- Cappellacci di Zucca at Piccolo Sogno ($17)
- Roasted Pumpkin Bisque at Longman & Eagle ($8)
- Masa Flat Bread at Antique Taco ($9)
- Carbassa Cocktail at Mercat a la Planxa ($13)
- Pumpkin Pie Concrete at Scooter's ($4.30)
- Pumpkin Cupcake at Sweet Sensations ($3.50)
View Pumpkin Dishes We Love in a larger map