13 Macaroni and Cheese Dishes We Love in Chicago
It's hard to think of another dish as comforting or familiar as macaroni and cheese. But even though it's generally regarded as a simple dish comprised of two components, there are a shocking number of ways to get the job done. Like yours browned and bubbly? What about creamy and saucy? Overloaded and meaty? Perhaps you like to change your preference depending on how cold it is outside. No matter, there's a macaroni and cheese in Chicago out there for you.
In fact, with so many options out there, where do you begin? Instead of making one person swim alone against the ceaseless cheese-sauced tide, we decided to make this a group effort. Sure, we all have our own opinions on the dish, but we can all appreciate when a certain style is perfectly executed.
Check out these 13 macaroni and cheese dishes we love in Chicago. Did we miss your favorite place? Let us know in the comments.
- Smoked Gouda Mac at Handlebar
- Macaroni and Cheese at Old Oak Tap
- Mom's Mac and Cheese at Bite Cafe
- Wisconsin Cheddar & Cantal Mac & Cheese at The Bluebird
- Mac 'N' Cheese at Old Town Social
- Mac & Cheese at Hot Chocolate
- GT "Mac and Cheese" at GT Fish & Oyster
- Mac N Cheese at Dragon Ranch Moonshine & BBQ
- Mac & Cheese at Lillie's Q
- Burnt Ends Mac 'n Cheese at Brand BBQ Market
- Baked Four Cheese Macaroni at Fat Willy's Rib Shack
- Handmade Makaruni at NoMI
- Make Your own Mac & Cheese at Kuma's Corner
View Macaroni and Cheese We Love in Chicago in a larger map