Last year I wondered if this site would eventually run out of sandwiches to cover. At that point we'd only been operating for less than two months, but the daily barrage of sandwiches was starting to feel like a lost cause. How many good sandwiches were really left out there for us to try? Turns out I underestimated our city by just a little bit. Since that point we've covered 259 sandwiches in Chicago. The strangest part? The more we ate, the more interesting places seemed to pop up.
Before we gear up for another year of sandwich feasting, let's look back the year's most popular sandwich posts. From grilled cheese to schnitzel, these were the sandwiches you read about the most. Take a look at the slideshow to see the top ten.
- Inside-Out Grilled Cheese from Edzo's
- Grilled Cheese at Grahamwich
- Schnitzel Sandwich at Olga's Deli
- "Liverbest" Sandwich at Gene's Sausage Shop in Lincoln Square
- The Radical Reuben at Chicago Diner
- An Ode to the Three Little Piggy Sandwich from the Silver Palm
- Lobster Roll at Acadia in Chicago
- The Benny from NYC Bagel Deli
- Turkey and Cheese from Lucky's Sandwich Co.
- The Not-So-Sloppy Joe from Left Bank in Lake Forest