I hate playing favorites, because when I pick one sandwich or salad over another, the other one gets its feelings hurt. But you know, after writing over 50 Lunch in the Loop posts, you know there's got to be at least a few things that really stood out. One of the best parts about writing a lunch feature is that there are so many choices. I don't have to pick any one style of food, just as long as it makes a good, fun, and delicious lunch. And there's nothing that softens the blow of a tough workday like a good meal. So without further ado, here are my top ten bites from Lunch in the Loop from 2012.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Gyudon (Beef and Rice Bowl) Is Japan's Most Foolproof Dish