I hate playing favorites, because when I pick one sandwich or salad over another, the other one gets its feelings hurt. But you know, after writing over 50 Lunch in the Loop posts, you know there's got to be at least a few things that really stood out. One of the best parts about writing a lunch feature is that there are so many choices. I don't have to pick any one style of food, just as long as it makes a good, fun, and delicious lunch. And there's nothing that softens the blow of a tough workday like a good meal. So without further ado, here are my top ten bites from Lunch in the Loop from 2012.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- 35 Great Grilled Main Dishes for a Killer Labor Day Cookout
- Dinner in 20: Herb-Packed Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter