Staff Picks: The Best Dessert in Chicago
The arrival of autumn signals the end of the dainty and the arrival of the hearty (and meaty) feast. But didn't we already cover that kind of food last month with our picks about where to pig out? Yes. But as we all know, every feast must end with something sweet, and the more options the better.
I expected a lot more overlap, but only two people picked the same place. Instead, the selections ranged from meticulous fine dining offerings to comforting and humble classics. Some require utensils, while you can devour others with nothing but your greedy hands. One of them is even boozy.
Without further ado, let's dig into the best desserts in Chicago. Check out all the picks by clicking on the slideshow.
- Big Anne at Alliance Bakery
- Pumpkin Napoleon at Mindy's Hot Chocolate
- Brioche Doughnuts with Hot Fudge at Mindy's Hot Chocolate
- Strawberry Sable Tart at Sixteen
- Drinking Chocolate at Katherine Anne Confections
- The Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Shake at the Chicago Diner
- Homemade Banana Pudding at BJ's Market
- Churros at Xoco
- Pie at Hoosier Mama Pie Co.
- Festa di Santa Lucia Crema at The Purple Pig
- Drunkin' Donuts with Jamo Soft Serve at Boiler Room
- Cupcake at Sweet Mandy B's
More Staff Picks!
- Staff Picks: Where Do You Pig Out in Chicago?
- Staff Picks: What's the Best Pizza in Chicago?
- Staff Picks: What's Your Favorite BYOB Restaurant in Chicago?
- Staff Picks: What's the Best Hot Dog in Chicago?
- Staff Picks: Where Do You Take an Out of Town Guest in Chicago?
- Staff Picks: 9 Breakfasts We Love in Chicago