The 36th Annual Restaurateurs for Education Gala celebrates chefs from across Chicago, while raising funds for students who are interested in working in the restaurant and hospitality industries. This year's had a theme, which was fire and ice. An impressive list of restaurants showed up last Friday at the Hyatt Regency to join the festivities and to help raise money, including Mercat a la Planxa, The Gage, and Red Door. But it wasn't only food: Along with the delicious bites to eat, there was also body painting, performers, massages, and, of course, a DJ banging out some tunes to round out a fun Friday night.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Transform Your Leftover Turkey Into Crispy, Juicy Carnitas
- Leftovers Are the Best Part: 20 Recipes for the Day After Thanksgiving
- Ghosts of Thanksgivings Past: Our Highest Highs and Lowest Lows
- The Food Lab: How to Make a Gooey Apple Pie
- The Pressure Cooker Makes Rich, Hearty Ragù Bolognese in Record Time