The 36th Annual Restaurateurs for Education Gala celebrates chefs from across Chicago, while raising funds for students who are interested in working in the restaurant and hospitality industries. This year's had a theme, which was fire and ice. An impressive list of restaurants showed up last Friday at the Hyatt Regency to join the festivities and to help raise money, including Mercat a la Planxa, The Gage, and Red Door. But it wasn't only food: Along with the delicious bites to eat, there was also body painting, performers, massages, and, of course, a DJ banging out some tunes to round out a fun Friday night.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- BraveTart: Homemade Cheez-Its FTW
- The Best Honing Steel (Not Sharpening Steel!) for Your Knife