The 36th Annual Restaurateurs for Education Gala celebrates chefs from across Chicago, while raising funds for students who are interested in working in the restaurant and hospitality industries. This year's had a theme, which was fire and ice. An impressive list of restaurants showed up last Friday at the Hyatt Regency to join the festivities and to help raise money, including Mercat a la Planxa, The Gage, and Red Door. But it wasn't only food: Along with the delicious bites to eat, there was also body painting, performers, massages, and, of course, a DJ banging out some tunes to round out a fun Friday night.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique