The 36th Annual Restaurateurs for Education Gala celebrates chefs from across Chicago, while raising funds for students who are interested in working in the restaurant and hospitality industries. This year's had a theme, which was fire and ice. An impressive list of restaurants showed up last Friday at the Hyatt Regency to join the festivities and to help raise money, including Mercat a la Planxa, The Gage, and Red Door. But it wasn't only food: Along with the delicious bites to eat, there was also body painting, performers, massages, and, of course, a DJ banging out some tunes to round out a fun Friday night.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?