The 36th Annual Restaurateurs for Education Gala celebrates chefs from across Chicago, while raising funds for students who are interested in working in the restaurant and hospitality industries. This year's had a theme, which was fire and ice. An impressive list of restaurants showed up last Friday at the Hyatt Regency to join the festivities and to help raise money, including Mercat a la Planxa, The Gage, and Red Door. But it wasn't only food: Along with the delicious bites to eat, there was also body painting, performers, massages, and, of course, a DJ banging out some tunes to round out a fun Friday night.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster