Staff Picks: What's the Best Burger in Chicago?
What's the best burger in Chicago? I don't know about you, but I've been thinking about this answer for a long time, but instead of gaining some kind of clarity and insight over the years, I'm actually more confused than ever. All I do know is that there's never been a better time for burgers in Chicago. Sure, there are an insane number of options, but there are also plenty of different styles, so no matter whether you like your burgers enormous and grilled or thin and griddled, there is an all-beef patty out there for you.
How do I know this? I asked our staff for their favorite picks, fully expecting one or two places to run away with the thing. And while a few spots popped up a lot (Edzo's led the pack), I was shocked by the wide range. Obviously, I don't think this is the complete list of incredible burgers in the city, but it's a hell of a start. And if you have a pick that didn't make the list, definitely let us know.
Check out all of best burgers in the slideshow, or read on to see the individual picks.
- Double Cheeseburger at Edzo's
- Char Burger at Edzo's in Evanston
- Double Cheeseburger at Redhot Ranch
- Burger at Top Notch Beefburger
- Slagel Farm Beef Burger at Owen & Engine
- Bad Apple Burger at Bad Apple
- Single Cheeseburger at Au Cheval
- The Nightwood Cheeseburger at Nightwood
- Burger at Mindy's Hot Chocolate
- Sliders with Cheese at State Fair