Tips and tricks for making the best sandwiches at home.
For National Sandwich Month, we've already picked out some of our favorite chicken sandwiches. This round, we're taking a look at the elusive veggie sandwich. Though too often bland and unsatisfying, we were able to find 11 around town tasty enough for vegetarians and meat-lovers alike. Flip through the pics or go straight to each sandwich below.
- The Gorrito Croissanwich at Estrella Negra
- Chicago Style Tofu from Handlebar
- Artichoke and Pepper Sandwich at Cipollina
- C.S. Lewis from Ipsento
- Vegetable Panini from The Fifty/50
- Avocado and Smoked Gouda Sandwich from Milk & Honey
- PB&J From The Bad Apple
- Vegan "Tuna" Melt from Kingsbury Street Cafe
- Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese from Lavazza
- Chile Relleno Torta from Las Asadas
- Toasted Pimiento Cheese from Big Jones