We hope you're ready for more coverage of National Sandwich Month. Earlier this week we took a look at the best looking sandwich pictures we've posted in the past year. Today we're going to get to the meat of matter and explore 11 of our favorite chicken sandwiches in Chicago (don't worry, other fillings will get their turn). Though often derided as boring and safe, chicken can be the center of attention if treated with care. Around the city, chefs are finding new ways to get maximum flavor and deliciousness out of the bird, from elaborate smoking projects to a quick trip in the fryer.
Click on the slideshow to take a look at all the picks. Also, you can check out the picks individually below.
- Panino con Pollo alla Parmigiano at Francesca's on Chestnut
- Smoked Chicken Club from Small Bar
- Grilled Chicken Panini at Fox & Obel
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich at Five Star
- Saltimbocca Panini at Three Aces
- Helen's Grilled Chicken Sandwich at Uncommon Ground
- Honey Chicken Brie Sandwich from Harmony Grill
- The Chicken Pesto at Red Hen Bread
- The Chicken Divine at Jubilee
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap from The Rocking Horse
- Chicken Jibarito from Papa's Cache Sabroso