Yesterday, we recounted the epic tale of attempting to eat every single dish at Chicago Gourmet (perhaps infamous is the better word for it). Requiring an honest eight or nine hours to complete, it wasn't easy. But for the most part, spirits were high. See, we never knew what the next bite would be, and while some of them were disappointing, most were genuinely interesting. A few, though, were truly remarkable.
These are the eleven bites that stuck out amongst the other 120-odd things we tried over the weekend. From sandwiches to salads to carbonated fruits (yes, carbonated fruits), here are the bites we'd happily stand in line again for. Click through the slideshow to see them all, or check them out individually below.
- Moto: Carbonated pineapples and grapes
- Embeya: Green papaya salad
- Restaurant R'evolution: Black Tuffle short rib debris po' boy
- Lillie's Q: Pulled Pork slider
- NoMI Kitchen: Enoki mushroom bouillon with Jamón ibérico
- Nellcôte/ Old Town Social: Rabbit rillette on a house-made Ritz cracker
- Terzo Piano: Grilled kale salad with prosciutto and sweet potato cracker
- Tavernita: Chilled corn soup with shrimp
- Saigon Sisters: Banh mi crostini
- Nacional 27: Red snapper ceviche and yuzu
- Balena: Pickled watermelon with black olives and mozzarella
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.