River North, the neighborhood just north of the Chicago River, has no shortage of exceptional restaurants. In fact, it's hard to think of another place as jam packed with potential places to so eat well—if, that is, you have the money to do so. Eating cheaply here is a totally different prospect, one that requires planning and some serious detective skills.
Everything you want to know about chocolate
Like the cheap eats list we put together for The Loop, we set a very strict $10 limit. We also attempted to focus on dishes that would actually fill you up. There are a seemingly infinite number of appetizers one could nosh on for under $10, but most have the strange power to only make one hungrier. There are some exceptions to this rule, but we mostly stayed strong.
Of course, we know that we missed a few worthy contenders along the way. So if you have a cheap dish in River North that you think should have made the list, please let us know in the comments.
Without further ado, check out our list of 21 Cheap Eats We Love in River North. Also, you can check out all of our picks below.
- Everything at Portillo's
- Double M Burger at M Burger
- Old Fashioned Doughnut at The Doughnut Vault
- Serrano Ham Bocadillo at Barcito
- Epic Burger at Epic Burger
- Chicken Salad Sandwich at Snarf's
- Grilled Cheese at Grahamwich
- Woodland Mushroom Torta at Xoco
- Falafel at Mezza Mediterranean Grill
- Portabella and Goat Cheese at Hannah's Bretzel
- The Artisan Cellar's Artisan Cellar Sandwich
- Turkey Sub at Potbelly's
- Italian Beef at Mr. Beef
- Pork Belly and Kimchi Sliders from GT Fish & Oyster
- Chicken Salad at Brett's Kitchen
- Spare Rib at Union Sushi + Barbque Bar
- Buffalo Bar-rito at Protein Bar
- Big & Little's Fish Taco
- Duck Fat Fried Chicken at Slurping Turtle
- Cha Soba at Ai Japanese Restaurant & Lounge
- Churros and Hot Chocolate at Xoco
View Cheap Eats in River North in a larger map