A little over a year ago, we brought you a guide to some of our favorite fried chickens in Chicago—a list that contained 14 options, though it could have easily been twice as long. But fried chicken aficionados know that while we tried to cover as much ground as we could, we focused on only one specific kind. Now, we love Southern-style fried chicken, with its crispy and well seasoned crust, but we also know that numerous other cuisines have their own equally delicious way with the bird.
Check out 10 of our favorite non Southern-style fried chickens by clicking on the slideshow. And if you have any other options we need to try, let us know in the comments!
- Fried Chicken at Khan BBQ
- Hot & Spicy Chicken Wings at Great Sea
- Duck Fat Fried Chicken at Slurping Turtle
- Little Hotties at Take Me Out
- Fried Chicken at Pecking Order
- Whole Chicken Combo at Crisp
- Thai Style Fried Chicken at BellyQ
- Tony's Three Chili Chicken at Lao Sze Chuan
- Chicken Wings at Belly Shack
- General Jane's Fried Chicken at Au Cheval
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.