Lincoln Park is known for many things—impeccably maintained townhouses, the stunning park that bears its name—but the home of cheap eats is not high on the list. Perhaps that has something to do with having a couple of the most acclaimed, and expensive, restaurants in the country within its borders. But man (or woman) can't live on tasting menus alone, and luckily Lincoln Park is a very big neighborhood.
What we love about the best cheap eats here is that there is an appealing mix of old school joints and new concepts hungry to win over the crowds. Like our previous cheap eats guides for The Loop and River North, we set the limit at $10 for a meal. Of course, if we missed your favorite option, definitely let us know.
Click on the slideshow to check out our picks.
- Single Burger at Edzo's ($3.89)
- Smoked Polish Sausage at Polka's Sausage & Deli ($4.45)
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich at Branko's ($5.99)
- Piggy Moo Cluck Sandwich at Kingsbury Street Cafe ($9)
- The Original Maid-Rite at Maid-Rite ($4.49)
- Frips at Chicago's Dog House ($2.25)
- Buffalo Wings at House of Wings ($6.25)
- Sambal Fish Taco at Del Seoul ($3.95)
- The Mother Loaf at Meatloaf Bakery ($8.95)
- Estilo Baja at Taco Joint ($3)
- Champinon Chicken at Lito's Empanadas ($2.49)
- B.A.D. at Floriole Cafe & Bakery ($6.75)
- Original Single at Devil Dawgs ($1.79)
- Brunch Dog at Franks 'n Dawgs in Chicago ($8.50)
- Chicken Breast Shish Kebob at The Athenian Room ($6.25)
- SPAM Loco Moco from Aloha Eats ($8.35)
- Slice at Armitage Pizzeria ($2 to $3, depending on toppings)
- Classic Falafel at Dawali Mediterranean Kitchen ($4.95)
- Falafel Sandwich at Sultan's Market ($3.75)
- Cheddar Fries at Wiener's Circle ($3.60)
View Cheap Eats in Lincoln Park in a larger map
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.