You've heard it a hundred times: everything's better with bacon. But we're not so sure if that's always the case. Sure, it can add that missing exclamation point, but bacon is also a strong, assertive ingredient that needs to be treated with care or it will stomp all over the other dishes, leaving nothing but a trail of grease and salt in its path.
Most of the time, we love the dishes where the bacon is everywhere and nowhere, so all you can detect is the haunting aroma of smoke and the salty profile of the cure. But we are not immune to the pleasures of the occasional bacon overload, just so long as each calorie-laden fatty bite is worth the extra mile on the treadmill.
Check out some of our favorite dishes made immeasurably better with bacon by clicking on the slideshow.
- Chorizo-Stuffed Medjool Dates with Smoked Bacon and Piquillo Pepper-Tomato Sauce at Avec
- Three Little Piggy Sandwich from the Silver Palm
- BLT at The Old Oak Tap
- Our Signature Sandwich at Fumare Meats
- Kuma Burger at Kuma's Corner
- The Badass B.L.T. at Mr. Spanky's
- Maple Bacon Long John at Glazed and Infused
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Soft Serve at Belly Shack
- Candied Bacon at Bang Bang Pie Company
- Bacon Fat Popcorn at Revolution Brewing
- Grilled Sausage & Waffles at Old Town Social
- Pork Carnitas at Antique Taco
- Spaghetti Carbonara at Riccardo Trattoria
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.