Everything you want to know about chocolate
More than any other cheap eats guide, this one is personal. Bucktown was the first Chicago neighborhood I ever lived in, and I didn't have a whole lot of cash sitting around at the time. Fortunately, I was able to uncover a wealth of affordable spots, including a few of my favorite cheap eats in the whole city.
Since I left, that number has only increased. Whether you're looking for tacos, hot dogs, or Latin American/Korean fusion, Bucktown has so much to offer.
As I mentioned previously, figuring out the official dividing line between Bucktown and Wicker Park is a harder than it should be. While I considered combining the two, each had enough options that I realized they deserved their own post.
Like the previous cheap eats guides, I set a strict $10 maximum on the dishes, and tried to only include ones that could function as a meal. I couldn't help but include a few sweets, which I clearly marked below.
Click on the slideshow to check out our picks, or see the whole list below.
- Mini Rib Tip Combo at Honey 1
- Steak Sandwich at Irazú Cafe
- Hot Dog with Fries at Redhot Ranch
- Hot and Sour Soup at Belly Shack
- Bibim-bap at En Hakkore
- Quarter Chicken at The Art Of Chicken
- Deep Dish Slice with Spinach at My Pie Pizzeria ($3.75)
- Pepperoni Slice at Santullo's Eatery
- Shrimp Jibarito at Joey's Shrimp House
- Carne Asada Taco at Las Asadas
- El Borracho Pozole at Estrella Negra
- The Reubenesque at Li'l Guys