Of all the Cheap Eats guides I've put together, this was easily the most personal. I've lived in Logan Square for the past five years, so I feel like I've amassed some serious first hand knowledge of the affordable options. Which isn't to say that I'm completely done and that I've found every single great option, because whenever I think I have the northwest neighborhood all sussed out, a dozen new places pop up. Most shocking of all, most of these places turn out to be really, really good.
So, how best to sum up such an unruly hood, one that contains a host of the most exciting new restaurant openings in Chicago along with a solid base of more affordable joints? The answer I decided upon was this: exhaustively.
Instead of shying away from the task at hand, I embraced it, picking out 33 different dishes in Logan Square under $10. While most of these picks are genuine meals, I also decided to include a snack section in this guide, which was a great way to explore some of the more expensive options around the area. Oh, and there are some sweets, too. I can't forget those, now can I?
Though not as confusing as same neighborhood divisions, Logan Square has its own issues. Basically, Logan Square is big, so I had to figure out what to leave out. Though most people agree that Pulaski is the western edge, the other three sides can be disputed. It's technically a community area in Chicago, but if I went off that map, I'd also have to add Bucktown to the mix, and that just didn't seem right (plus, I already wrote a Cheap Eats guide for Bucktown). To fix that, I used Western Ave. as the eastern edge. Finally, I went as far as the Bloomingdale Trail (which will soon become an amazing looking park) to the south, and, with one notable exception, Diversey to the north.
Check out all of our favorite cheap eats in Logan Square by clicking on the slideshow, or by checking out the list below. And if I missed one of your favorite spots, let me know in the comments!
Cheap Eats We Love in Logan Square
- Pan con Chicharron at 4 Suyos ($8.00)
- Biscuit at Bang Bang Pie Shop ($2.50)
- Carne Asada Taco at L' Patron ($2.00)
- Steak Jibarito at La Bomba ($5.00)
- Traditional Crepe at La Boulangerie ($7.99)
- Tacos at Masa Azul ($9.00 for three)
- Bagel at Reno ($2.25)
- Slice of Pizza, PBR Tall Boy, Shot of Jameson at The Boiler Room ($7.50)
- Adobado Taco at Taqueria Moran ($1.75)
- Chorizo Taco at 2 Amigos ($2.00)
- Carne Asada Torta at Chapala Tianguis ($3.99)
- The Potato Taco Special at Carnicerias Jimenez ($3.49)
- Hot Dog with Fries at Mr. G's Beef ($2.50)
- Original Cheesesteak with Provolone from Philly's Best ($6.49, small)
- Steak Sandwich at El Cubanito ($3.95)
- Grilled Cheese at The Brown Sack ($6.00)
- Egg, Pepper, and Tomato Sandwich at Johnny's Grill ($4.05)
- Pan con Ropa Vieja from El Rinconcito Cubano ($5.95)
- Fritada con Torta de Papa from Restaurant Ecuador ($8.50)
- Daily Waffle at Jam ($9.00)
- The Steak Sandwich at Cafe Marianao ($4.25)
- Hand-Breaded Chicken Sandwich at The Rocking Horse ($9.00)
- Pretzel with Welsh Rarebit at Longman & Eagle ($5.00)
- Hush Puppies at Parson's Chicken & Fish ($4.00)
- Pig Ears Malt Vinegared with Cornichon Aioli at Billy Sunday ($8.00)
- Scotch Egg at Owen & Engine ($7.00)
- Chicken Wings at Yusho ($6.00)
- Applewood Smoked Wings from Revolution Brewing ($9.00)
- Samosas at Township ($7.00)
- Lemon Ice at Miko's Italian Ice ($2.00)
- Molé Truffles at Katherine Anne Confections
- Smoked Pecan Sticky Bun from Lula Cafe ($4.00)
- Pie at Bang Bang Pie Shop ($5.00)
More Cheap Eats Guides!
- 19 Cheap Eats We Love in Bridgeport
- 14 Cheap Eats We Love in Chicago's Bucktown
- Cheap Eats We Love in Chicago's Wicker Park
- 32 Cheap Eats We Love in Lakeview
- 20 Cheap Eats We Love in Lincoln Park
- 21 Cheap Eats We Love in Chicago's River North
- 26 Cheap Eats We Love in The Loop
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.