A few words come to mind when I think of Korean food—kimchi, beef, fire, and spice—but as our staff has uncovered over the past few years, that is only the beginning for the cuisine. You can't discount the delicate bounce of tofu, the bubbling broth in a bowl of jjigae, or the tangle of noodles and vegetables in japchae. That's not to mention the crunch in the best Korean chicken wings. And believe me, there is more. While this list is by no means complete, these are 20 dishes that get us excited about Korean food in Chicago.
Check them all about by clicking on the slideshow.
- Galbi at Gogi
- Bibimbap at En Hakkore
- Paratha Tacos at En Hakkore
- Fire Chicken at Dancen
- Orange Chicken Wings at Joong Boo
- Dukbokki at Joong Boo
- Dol-Sot Bibimbop at Rice'N Bread
- Seafood Stone Bowl Bi-Bim-Bop at Gosu
- BBQ Beef at Belly Shack
- Japchae at Tozi
- Kimchi Jjigae at Cho Sun Ok
- Bibim Naeng Myeon at Cho Sun Ok Restaurant
- Raw Fish Spicy Cold Noodles at Da Rae Jung
- Fried Chicken Wings with Soy-Ginger Sauce at DAK
- Spicy Seafood Tofu Soup at So Gong Dong Tofu House
- Chicken Wings at Crisp
- Seolleongtang at Han Bat
- Bibimbop at Tweet
- Kalbi Beef at San Soo Gab San
- Chicago Kalbi
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.