Each year around Thanksgiving I half-heartedly consider putting together a feature on the best turkey dishes in Chicago, only to realize that basically all of my favorites are bathed in Mexican mole, and that really deserves its own feature. But I learned an important lesson this year; I finally figured where all the turkey was in Chicago—in turkey sandwiches.
The turkey sandwich is one of the most ubiquitous menu items out there. At its worst, the sandwich is little more than a banal choice for those looking for the unoffensive. But some places like to twist the turkey sandwich, using better ingredients or techniques, to really highlight the best of what the bird can do.
Check out some of our favorites by clicking on the slideshow!
- Turkey Sandwich at Publican Quality Meats
- Roasted Turkey Sandwich at The Gage
- Turkey Breast Sandwich at Potbelly
- Turkey and Cheese from Lucky's Sandwich Co.
- Turkey Club at The Anthem
- Caddy Shack at New Wave Coffee
- The New Yorker at JB's Deli
- Turkey Sandwich at Jaffa Bakery
- Mitchell's Club House at Lou Mitchell's Restaurant & Bakery
- The Pilgrim at Uncle Sammy's
- Thanksgiving Day Sandwich from Fat Cat
- Turkey Rueben at Eppy's Deli
- Turkey Reuben at Frances' Deli
- Turkey Panini at Cafe Vienna
- Turkey Bacon Club from Chicago-Kent Spakateria
- Turkey on Ciabatta at Cafe Bella
- Turkey Twist at The Goddess & Grocer
- Turkey Sandwich at Olivia's Market
- Turkey Shawarma Shrock at Nesh Mediterranean Grill
- Turkey Sandwich at Harry's Sandwich Shop
- Roasted Turkey Breast & Cheddar on a Pretzel Salt Bagel at NYC Bagel Deli
- The Little Pecorino at Zaleski & Horvath MarketCafe
- Daily Turkey Sandwich Special at Vinnie's Sub Shop
- Turkey Sandwich at Fast Track
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.