Recetas deliciosas to transport your tastebuds south of the border.
You want to know a good way to judge a Mexican restaurant? Try its caldos. I've always said those that take the time and care to make a nice bowl of soup most likely do the same with the rest of the menu's dishes. In Mexico, they have countless varieties of soup. Some have become commonplace in Chicago, while others need to be sought out. I always like to keep an eye out over winter to see what's out there, and here are ten specific offerings to try as winter wears on.
Check them all out in the slideshow.
- Carne en su Jugo at Los Gallos
- Caldo de Res at Tio Luis
- Carne de Seca at La Placita de Durango
- Mole de Olla at Q Sazon
- Consommé with Meat from Birrieria Zaragoza
- Pozole at El Pozolito
- Caldo de Polllo Estilo Guerrero at La Quebrada
- Caldo Tlalpeno at Takito Grill
- Caldo de Camaron at Mama Nena's Shrimp House
- Menudo at La Justicia