In like a lion and out like a lamb. Sayings like this might sound nice, but usually have little basis in any sort of reality. Except this year, which really did arrive fierce and snowy, with temperatures that first week 20 to 30 degrees below normal. Sure, it's not exactly 60 out there now, but it's mostly above freezing, and those massive ice sheets covering the sidewalks have mostly receded.
What does that have to do with recapping a bunch of our favorite lamb dishes in Chicago? Not much. All we know is that there are dozens of delectable lamb dishes out there, crossing numerous different cuisines and cultures. It's great grilled or sliced thin, stir-fried with chilies or bathed in mole negro.
Check out some of our favorite lamb dishes in Chicago and then let us know some of yours.
- Roasted Leg of Lamb Sandwich at Rotisserie in Eataly Chicago
- Coffee Braised Lamb Barbacoa Tacos at Mexique
- Lamb Gyro Taco at Big & Littles
- Lamb Chorizo Tacos at Takito
- Seamus' Blue Ribbon Irish Lamb Stew at Chief O'Neill's
- Mughuz Masala at Shan Restaurant
- Lamb with Cumin at Lao Sze Chuan
- Iskender Kebab at Cafe Orchid
- Borrego en Mole Negro at Topolobampo
- Famous Stir Fried Lamb at Lao Hunan
- Saturday Lamb Sandwich Special at Small World Inn
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.